註冊會員

積分 0
帖子 39850
註冊
用戶註冊天數 2552
用戶失蹤天數 1902
發表於 22:12 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
– Best advises successor “Your greatest test is not where you stand in the good moments, but where you stand in challenge and controversy,” this was the advice of former Chief-of-Staff Rear Admiral Gary Best to his successor Brigadier Mark Phillips at a Change of Command parade held yesterday at Base Camp Ayanganna.Rear Admiral Gary Best (right) hands over the Force’s colour flag to Chief of Staff Brigadier Mark Phillips.The parade in honour of the Rear Admiral saw the attendance of a number of dignitaries including President Donald Ramotar, Prime Minister Samuel Hinds,Jordan 13 Retro Homme, and a host of Members of Parliament including the Speaker of the House, Raphael Trotman.The crowd was also thrilled by the scores of soldiers who marked on briskly on the tarmac as both former and current Chiefs-of-Staff saluted them and inspected the ceremonial Guard of Honour.Best in his final speech advised the new Chief-of-Staff Brigadier Mark Phillips that there will be many testing moments in his new position, but urged him to be inspired by the desire to lead and further develop the Guyana Defence Force.“Be strong in the Lord and be faithful to your duty to lead this force. Continue to share in the new and refuse to be bound by the tenets of the old,Cheap Air Max 90 Free Shipping,” Best said. He also advised his successor to use his power to bring forth positive changes in the GDF.Best said that his leadership grew out of his many experiences in life and particularly in the GDF.“I define leadership to suit my environment. I did not see it as theory or sought answers from the volumes of literature,” Best reflected.The Rear Admiral also noted that during his tenure it was not easy,Shoes From China Online, but it had been a joyful experience. He further noted that if he had the chance to do it all again he would.“I believed that I worked to serve my officers and all the members of the force. I believe that worked to instill a sense of morality,Nike Air Max 90 China, purpose and professionalism,Wholesale Shoes China,” Best said.Brigadier Phillips was sworn in by President Donald Ramotar on Monday last, at the Office of the President, in the presence of Brigadier Bruce Lovell and several former Chiefs of Staff including Major General Norman McLean,Jordan Retro 10 Noir, Major General Joseph Singh,Jordan Pas Cher Homme France, and Major General Michael Atherley.The outgoing Army Chief inspects the Guard of HonourThere were other high ranking army officials.President Donald Ramotar expressed delight at swearing in the new Chief of Staff. He said that he is looking forward to working with Brigadier Phillips to promote the best interest of all Guyanese. The president added that while over the years the role of the GDF has changed and even expanded, there was always a good relationship between the civil forces and the military.